Unfortunately, we had to raise the fees. As you seen in our local area prices have skyrocketed. Alley-Oop is a nonprofit and we held off as long as possible. We have not raised our fees since we opened back up after the pandemic. Since this time we have experienced 3 rate increases from the local gyms, 2 wage increases for staff, 2 rate increases in insurance, 2 rate increases in uniforms, and 2 rate increases to our platform to operate the league. We absord all that without raising fees. But to stay in operation we had to increase the fees. We appreciate the support and patience and understanding.
Yes, we offer a 6 game season (with a single elimination playoff). We are a year round league and many of the participants play year round. Also many of the participants are multisport athletes. The six game season is more conducive to the year round model.
Will there be double headers yes.
- Skill Evaluations are August 22
- Teams formed by August 27
- Practices start the week of Augst 28
- There will be game nights every Friday and Saturday Night September 8 – October 21
- Games will start after Labor Day, there will be no practices Monday September 4th.
- Games on Fridays start at 5pm and Saturdays could start as early as 12pm.
- Game schedule will come out Wednesday September 6 Late
- Opening night weekend September 8 - 9
- Regular season ends October 13 - 14
- Playoff schedule posts October 18 Late, All teams make the playoffs, we create separate divisions based on the results of the regular season
- Playoffs / Championships October 20 - 21
The week of August 28. Practices will be at one of the following facilities AIM, MAP or one of the following middle schools Oak, Stanford, Stacey, Johnson, or Warner. The practices will be offered once a week. Practice is included in the individual participant registration fee. Each team will receive 1 hour practice time per week. Practices are scheduled with the Coaches on a first come first serve basis.
League games will start after Labor Day. There will be no practices on Monday September 4.
(i.e., how many players/ team can join) Up to 10 players can join a team but most teams will average out to have 9. Coaches that bring in their own team can request and get approval for more than 10.
NO EXTRA FEES. All is included in registration fee.
The individual player registration fee is $250
Team fee no uniform/no gymtime is $1090. Local leagues charge more than double for this option. Local leagues do not include gymtime nor uniforms and charge double or a door fee if they are less than this price.
- 6 regular season games
- End-of-season, single-elimination playoff (guarantee of at least one playoff game)
- If registered individually - Practice time at the MAP, AIM, or Johnson/Warner/Stanford Middle Schools, (weekly for the duration of the season)
- Two REAL highly trained referees at each game at each grade level
- All games played on full sized courts. No miniature courts at Alley-Oop
- If registered individually - High Quality Alley-Oop league uniform
- THE Coveted High Quality Designer T-shirt
YES!!! Contact Bryan Gray 562.673.4444 if you have any questions. Or just register as Coach, the registration can be found on the main registration page.
It is easy, simply register to coach on the coach registration form (select the player pay coach registration) . Then have the players register under the normal player registration. They will pay $250 each during the registration process. Once the players and coach are all registered the commissioner will create a team in the system and add all the players and coach to the roster. The team roster will be visible on the app and the teampage on the website. Practice and game schedules will be visible in the app and teampage when they become available.
On the registration forms there will be a field for players and coaches to make requests to help us match up players and coaches.
Majority of the practices are at the MAP we also use AIM. When we have large number of teams we also use OAK, Johnson, Warner, or Stacey Middle School. Games are Fridays at MAP and Saturdays at Marina HS or a Middle School. All games are at one location on any given day. All the locations are within a 10 minute drive from the MAP. The addresses are below:
1718 Apollo Court
Seal Beach, CA 90740
12552 Western Ave
Garden Grove, CA 92841
Oak Middle School
10821 Oak St
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Marina High School School
15871 Springdale St,
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
Johnson Middle School
13603 Edwards St
Westminster, CA 92683
Warner Middle School
14171 Newland St
Westminster, CA 92683
Stacey Middle School
6311 Larchwood Dr
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
NO FEE'S. No parking fee's and no entrance fee's. NO FEE'S.
MAP / AIM occasionally charge a fee if they happen to have a big event running concurrently but there are always free options close by
Yes, coaches can freeze family and friends. Contact commissioner (Bryan Gray 562.673.4444) or indicate on the registration form.
Uniforms come in most colors in the rainbow. Uniforms can be all one color or you can mix and match jersey and short colors. Lettering and numbering will be black or white. Lettering and numbering colors are pre-determined and based on jersey color.
Alley-Oop strives to not conflict with major sports in the local area but sometimes it is unavoidable. Games will be Friday nights and Saturdays. So plenty of time for other sports!
We do take schedule requests from Coaches. To help eliminate conflicts. Coaches must submit requests via email and put "Fall Season Schedule Request" in the subject line. Only one email will be read. So do not send multiple and expect us to connect the dots. If multiple emails are sent make sure the last email contains the full request.
Texts and phone conversations are not considered requests.
Friday and Saturday Nights. Friday games will be between 5-9:30pm. Saturday game days may start before 5pm as early as 12pm if we have a high number of teams. Also we do take schedule requests from coaches. Coaches must submit requests via email and put "Fall Season Schedule Request" in the subject line. Only one email will be read. So do not send multiple and expect us to connect the dots. If multiple emails are sent make sure the last email contains the full request.
Texts and phone conversations are not considered requests.
To register to pay just the team fee (no uniform or gymtime for practice) click on the Coach Pay registration and follow the prompts.
TeamSnap is the leading provider of online registration and web design for youth sports clubs and organizations. Alley-Oop is making the switch to help improve the customer's experience. Blue Sombrero was the previous provider and was not excelling in user interface and offering a functional app. So to better serve the league we are making the switch.
Skill evaluations will be the August 22 at the MAP Sports facility. 1st thru 4th 6:00-6:30pm and 5th thru 8th 6:45-7:15pm. The details will be finalized towards the Middle of May and a communication will go out (to registered participants) confirming the details.
Starting the Late August the commissioner will reachout to coaches to get them setup. After you register in the system no actions are required. Below are the following steps afte the coach registers:
- Alley-Oop will create the team in the system
- Alley-Oop will add the Coach to the team
- Coach will receive an invitation to join the team.
- Coach click on the button in the email and follow the log in prompts.
- Once complete with log in the Coach will be setup
- If Coach did Player Pay Commissioner will add players to the team
- If Coach did Coach Pay the Coach will invite players to join the team
- Practice Schedule will be posted by August 27th (for those signing up as individuals)
- Game schedule will be posted Wednesday September 6th Late in the evening
- Playoff Schedule will be posted Wednesday October 18th Late in the evening
- Schedules will be available on the team page on the website and on the TeamSnap app