Mission of Alley-Oop Youth Basketball:
Our Mission is simple: make a great experience and environment for all players, families, and coaches.
Alley-Oop Youth Basketball brings this mission to life by:
- Offering the best product in the local area - you will soon find out we offer so much for a great price.
- Creating great competition and fun for all that join - by re-seeding teams we strive to place teams in divisions were they can compete and elevate their game to the next level. This will maximize the excitement of each game played.
- Keeping the league affordable - we have a low registration fee to begin with but if you sign up early this fantastic deal just gets better!
- Providing state of the art facilities - all games and practices will be held at a world class facilitiy, The MAP, in Garden Grove and/or AIM, in Seal Beach.
- PROVIDING INDOOR GYM TIME - we are the first and only league to incorporate gym time into one low price.
- OFFERING NO HIDDEN FEES - one fee. No sponsorship or any other hidden fees.
- Providing fair and consistent officiating - we don't guarantee the referees will always make the right call but we will do our best to exhibit professionalism and consistency.
- Many more - you have to join the league to experience the rest!
Core Values of the league:
Objectives for the kids:
- Develop a passion for basketball
- Improve basketball skills
- Learn the true meaning of team work
- Exhibit great sportsmanship
- HAVE FUN!!!
About the Commisioner and President of Alley-Oop Youth Basketball, LLC:
The founder of Alley-Oop Youth basketball is Bryan Gray, active community resident and proud father of two boys. Bryan has over 20 seasons of coaching experience in multiple sports and has spent a majority of the past 5 years coaching football and basketball. He is passionate about sports, coaching, and improving the youth sports landscape in Orange County. He started this league because he came to realize that the Orange County and Long Beach areas are serious youth sports communities and deserve the very best. Bryan believes the communities have been under-served by the available sports leagues and sees many ways how the players and coaches can be better served. He is committed to delivering the best youth basketball league that the area has ever seen. Come join the league and find out!
The league will have 4 seasons Fall (Season runs September - October, registration June - August), Winter (Season runs December - Mid February, registration August - October), Spring (Season runs April - May, registration January - March), Summer (Season Mid June - First week of August, registration April - May).
The league will be divided into 4 divisions based on grade:
- Freshmen - 1st/2nd Grade
- Junior Varsity - 3rd/4th Grade
- Varsity - 5th/6th Grade
- Varsity Senior - 7th/8th Grade
Depending on the teams and players that register, divisions will be Co-ed or split up boy/girl.
The divisions will be further broken down for the playoffs and teams are placed in subdivisions based on their performance duirng the regular season. This allows for very competitive playoffs and more teams having a chance at the Big Trophy!
- Gold division - Top teams
- Sliver division - Middle teams
- Bronze division - Lower teams
Re-seeding - after the second game, teams have the potential to be re-seeded. We do our best to scedule teams appropriately in divisions upfront but it is not a perfect science. So what we do at Alley-Oop after the first two games of the season we review the results and see where the teams are at. Then we sometimes tweak the remaining schedule of the season to improve the competition of the games. This results in better match ups by aligning experience level and skill level of each team. That way everyone has a chance to compete and have fun. This too is based on how many teams and players are in the league.
At Alley-Oop, the Winter Season has a few differences from the rest of the seasons. In addition to all that is listed above the Winter season will have All-Star Teams formed from the draft division players. Then the top teams from the divisions will be invited to enter the Southern California Championship tournament for a chance to be dubbed SoCal's Best!!!