|Hello Alley-Oop Summer Season Families,
We have finally made it back! After the long COVID break we are returning to the courts. Games are this week Friday (6/25) and Saturday (6/26). Schedules have posted. We promised by 10pm but delivered a little earlier.
We have 45 teams this summer and received 45 requests. We did our best to accommodate them all. We nearly did. About 99.99% of them.
Please read the important info for the week:
Game Schedule – Check the game schedule each week. On the app or your team site. It will be up on the public website in a couple of days. Some updates have been made after the initial release. Coaches were notified but it is always great to double check. Plus there are so many ways to view the schedule it is almost a crime to miss or not know what time your game is.
· Please note there is a unique game number assigned to each game. For some reason it now appears on the app display. It is a letter followed by a number. The letter represents division and the number is the game number for each game. For example in Frosh Divsision you will see an F1, JV will state J1, etc... This information is just extra details. So focus on the game, opponent, time, and location.
This week games are at MAP (Friday) and Marina HS (Saturday)
MAP - 12552 Western Ave, Garden Grove, CA 92841
Marina - 15871 Springdale St, Huntington Beach, CA 92649
Uniforms - They have been ordered and are set to arrive on Opening Night (6/25) right before our first game. Uniforms will be waiting for the teams at their designated courts. Coaches will be handing them out. In the event the uniforms do not arrive we are asking the home team to wear a plain white shirt. So all home teams come to the game in a plain white shirt. If you are the visiting team please wear black or navy blue shirt.
Parking this Weekend - On Friday we are at the MAP. They are having a tournament. Therefore, parking will not be available please park on Western East of Lampson or on Anaconda Ave and Lampson. On Saturday we are at Marina HS and there is plenty of parking there.
For those not familiar with the Alley-Oop website here is some helpful info.
Rules – Alley-Oop leverages the high school rules with some exceptions. We have those rules posted on the website on the about us drop down. The link is below:
FAQ - Some are not aware that at the time registration opens at the beginning of each season we post a FAQ page for the season that has helpful information about the upcoming season. I encourage you to review it so you can take a look at the type of information it has so that when the next season rolls around you know what kind of information is at your finger tips. For those that read registration emails the information is virtually the same just in question format. We like to keep all armed with info!
Important Dates and other info -
- Summer T-Shirts - The coveted league T's are in the design phase. We got another crowd pleaser in the works. We will be handing them out towards the end of July.. We hand them to the coach on a game day and they hand them out to the players. If your team doesn't play this week we will hand them to the team at their next game.
- Playoffs/Championship Start 7/30 and End 7/31 (Playoff schedule comes out Wednesday 7/28 LATE)
- Playoffs and Championships – The playoffs and championships are 7/30 and 7/31. Those games are not on the schedule yet. The schedules for those games come out after the regular season games are complete. The schedule will be posted on 7/28 by 10pm. Every team makes the playoffs so save the dates. Also teams are put in separate divisions based on the performance during the regular season.
- SAFETY/First AID - Ice and band aids are at the scorers table of the Alley-Oop court at the MAP and court 2 at Marina.
If you have read even just a bit of this, thanks a bunch!
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Alley-Oop Youth Basketball
Leave a Comment