**Winter Registration is winding down – Skills evaluations Tuesday November 8th***
Dear Alley-Oop Families,
Winter Season registration is winding down. Now is the time to jump in.
We are Looking for players and Coaches for all divisions. The boys divisions we will have all the divisions as usual. For the girls we are grearing up to have a girls divisions 3/4. We have a few teams in and just looking for a few more. Any girls in those grades want to play this Winter now is the time to jump in.
Skill evaluations will be Tuesday 11/8/22
The skill evaluations are for free agents (players that do not have a team yet). We run the skill evaluations like a skills clinic so the players will definitely benefit from attending.
PLEASE READ E-MAILS. We send weekly communications. Read them so you can stay up to speed on what is going on.
Important items for the week:
- Winter Registration: We have plenty of spots left. Alley-Oop honors all friends requests so now is the time to tell a buddy to sign up so you can be paired up on the same team. Come join us for the Winter league! To register go to the website below:
- Skill Evaluations: Tuesday November 8 at the MAP Sports Facility
- Address 12552 Western Ave, Garden Grove, CA
- Freshman / Jr. Varsity (1st thru 4th Grade) 6:00-6:30pm
- Varsity / Varsity Senior (5th - 8th Grade) 6:45 - 7:15pm
What do I bring? Positive Attitude, Bottle Water, Basketball, Dressed in basketball attire (Sneakers, shorts, and T-Shirt), and be ready to work!
Who should go?
The skill evaluations are for free agents or kids that need to be assigned to teams. The skill evaluations are ran like a skills clinic so the kids will get a lot out of it.
- League App - We use Team Snap. They have a great Free app. Please go to your app store and down load the Team Snap app. This will help you prepare for the Summer season. Once the schedules are posted they will be viewable in the Team Snap App.
- Team Formation - Teams will be formed within a few days of the skill evaluations. Parents and Players will be contacted by Coaches 5 to 6 days after the skills evaluation through their team website/Team Snap App. Each team will be given a team site where they can review rosters, practice/game schedules, post pictures, and send communications to the team.
- Team Practices - Practices start the week of November 14, days and time will be determined by your coach and be viewable on the teamsite or the app once teams are formed.
- Uniforms - Uniforms will be given to the Coaches on the first game day.
- Game Schedule – Game Schedule will be posted Wednesday November 30 by 10PM
- Opening Night Weekend - Games will start Friday December 2
- Game Night - Game nights during regular season will be every week on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Playoffs/Championships - will be January 27 and end January 28, Playoff schedule will be posted Wednesday January 25. ALL TEAMS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS SO SAVE THE DATE!.
Alley-Oop Youth Basketball