***Weekly Update #5: 3rd week of game action***
Hello Alley-Oop Winter Season Families,
We are already at the third week of the season. Boy how time flies! After the games this weekend we will be going on winter break.
As of 12/15 please wear masks when entering the facility. Kids and Coaches can remove while on the courts. Everyone else please wear mask at ALL TIMES.
Games are this week Friday (12/17) and Saturday (12/18).
Please read the important info for the week:
Game Schedule – Check the game schedule each week. On the app or your team site. It will be up on the public website in a couple of days. Some updates have been made after the initial release. Coaches were notified but it is always great to double check. Plus there are so many ways to view the schedule it is almost a crime to miss or not know what time your game is.
Standings and Results - From the homepage of the website click on Team Central to find results, schedule, and standings.
This week games are at MAP (Friday) and Johnson Middle School (Saturday)
MAP - 12552 Western Ave, Garden Grove, CA 92841
Johnson Middle School - 13603 Edwards St, Westminster, CA 92683
Parking this Weekend - On Friday we are at the MAP. Sometimes the lot gets full. Therefore, parking please park on Western East of Lampson or on Anaconda Ave and Lampson. On Saturday we are at Johnson and there is plenty of parking there.
For those not familiar with the Alley-Oop website here is some helpful info.
Rules – Alley-Oop leverages the high school rules with some exceptions. We have those rules posted on the website on the about us drop down. The link is below:
FAQ - Some are not aware that at the time registration opens at the beginning of each season we post a FAQ page for the season that has helpful information about the upcoming season. I encourage you to review it so you can take a look at the type of information it has so that when the next season rolls around you know what kind of information is at your finger tips. For those that read registration emails the information is virtually the same just in question format. We like to keep all armed with info!
PARENTS - Coaches Coach, Players Play, and Fans Cheer. Also please keep in mind no going to the scorekeepers table. If there is an issue talk to your Coach or go to a Commissioner.
Important Dates and other info -
- Winter T-Shirts - The coveted league T's are in the design phase. We got another crowd pleaser in the works. We will be handing them out towards the end of January. We hand them to the coach on a game day and they hand them out to the players. If your team doesn't play this week we will hand them to the team at their next game.
- WINTER BREAK - Alley-Oop shuts down for the holidays so no practices or games the week of 12/20 & 12/27.
- Playoffs/Championship Start 1/28 and End 1/29 (Playoff schedule comes out Wednesday 1/26 LATE)
- Playoffs and Championships – The playoffs and championships are 1/28 and 1/29. Those games are not on the schedule yet. The schedules for those games come out after the regular season games are complete. The schedule will be posted on1/26 by 10pm. Every team makes the playoffs so save the dates. Also teams are put in separate divisions based on the performance during the regular season.
- SAFETY/First AID - Ice and band aids are at the scorers table of the Alley-Oop court at the MAP and court 2 at Johnson.
If you have read even just a bit of this, thanks a bunch!
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Alley-Oop Youth Basketball