Hello Alley-Oop Summer Season Families,
We are already at week #2 of the regular season. Kids looked ready to roll and excited to be back on the courts last weekend. Lots of great games were played and we are getting right back to it this Friday for some more action!
Whether you had a win or a loss last week keep in mind there is no trophy for the regular season. We just give everyone a cool shirt to commenurate the season. Everyone knows in the community you gotta be tough to get through the Alley-Oop season ,it is not for the faint at heart! The regular season is about developing the team to make some noise in the playoffs. In the playoffs is where winning matters most and at Alley-Oop we pair teams together based on how they performed in the regular season to make the best matchups possible. So whether you won big or loss big keep your eye on the prize!
Please read the important info for the week:
Game Schedule – Check the game schedule each week. On the app or your team site. We also got it up on the puplic site under the team central tab. Some updates have been made to the schedule after the initial release. So please make sure to refresh the app or check the online schedule to get the latest days, times, and locations, There are so many ways to view the schedule it is almost a crime to miss or not know what time your game is.
- Please note there is a unique game number assigned to each game. For some reason it now appears on the game display. It is a letter followed by a number. The letter represents division and the number is the game number for each game. For example in Frosh Divsision you will see an F1, JV will state J1, etc... This information is just extra details. So focus on the game, opponent, time, and location.
This week games are at Marina HS (Friday)
Marina - 15871 Springdale St, Huntington Beach, CA 92649
Uniforms - We had some teams that did not play week 1 or some did not receive a uniform. We will have your uniform on Friday or at your next game day.
Parking - We are at Marina HS so there will be plenty of parking.
For those not familiar with the Alley-Oop website here is some helpful info.
Rules – Alley-Oop leverages the high school rules with some exceptions. We have those rules posted on the website on the about us drop down. The link is below:
FAQ - Some are not aware that at the time registration opens at the beginning of each season we post a FAQ page for the season that has helpful information about the upcoming season. I encourage you to review it so you can take a look at the type of information it has so that when the next season rolls around you know what kind of information is at your finger tips. For those that read registration emails the information is virtually the same just in question format. We like to keep all armed with info!
Important Dates and other info -
- Summer T-Shirts - The coveted league T's have completed the design phase, just a few minutes ago! We got another crowd pleaser coming. We will be handing them out towards the end of July. We hand them to the coach on a game day and they hand them out to the players.
- Playoffs/Championship Start 7/30 and End 7/31 (Playoff schedule comes out Wednesday 7/28 LATE)
- Playoffs and Championships – The playoffs and championships are 7/30 and 7/31. Those games are not on the schedule yet. The schedules for those games come out after the regular season games are complete. The schedule will be posted on 7/28 by 10pm. Every team makes the playoffs so save the dates. Also teams are put in separate divisions based on the performance during the regular season.
- SAFETY/First AID - Ice and band aids are at the scorers table of court 2 at Marina.
If you have read even just a bit of this, thanks a bunch!
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Alley-Oop Youth Basketball